Gawsworth Neighbourhood Plan
Gawsworth Parish Council and volunteers from across the community have been working on developing the Gawsworth Neighbourhood Plan. Following a consultation in December 2019, the plan was amended and submitted to Cheshire East Council in June 2020. It is now subject to a further consultation where comments made will be considered by a Planning Examiner.
The consultation runs from 28th July to 8th September (7pm)
Looking to 2030, Gawsworth will have remained a safe, green and pleasant place to live with a strong sense of place and community. It will have a variety of well-designed, high-quality homes to suit the varying needs of our parish which shall continue to be a place that provides for residents with differing talents, skills and needs.
The community in Gawsworth will be inclusive and welcoming, offering a range of activities and opportunities for residents of all ages to engage with one another. Gawsworth will thrive as a community.
Whilst retaining its rural character, Gawsworth will embrace modern technologies. The village will remain a small peaceful rural village with good connections to surrounding countryside. Gawsworth Moss will continue to maintain a distinct identity from Macclesfield, but thriving from its connections. Rural Gawsworth will keep its character as beautiful Cheshire countryside based on farming.
Overall, Gawsworth will be a place where local people can live, work, play and enjoy a high quality of life.
- To ensure Gawsworth residents have access to high quality housing that suits their needs without losing our community or the traditional appearance of the rural area
- To ensure all Gawsworth residents have access to the countryside and green spaces via a wide network of well maintained footpaths, bridleways and cycle paths
- To ensure Gawsworth retains a strong sense of community and of place with a range of community facilities
- To identify opportunities to improve road safety for pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders and motorists
- To conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the parish and its environment and the integrity of the greenbelt
- To ensure Gawsworth residents will have access to high speed internet, mobile and telephone links