Gawsworth Neighbourhood Plan
After much hard work by a team of local volunteers the Gawsworth Neighbourhood Plan has reached its final stage – the referendum.
Electors will vote on its adoption on May 6th 2021. Many residents provided feedback on draft versions and their thoughts were incorporated where the rules that apply to this planning document allowed. The final document can be viewed to the right and you can pick up a copy in the Community Hub.
Polling day is May 6th.Village and Rural Gawsworth residents can vote at the Village Hall and we understand Moss ward residents have a change from their normal voting station to the Ivy Leaf pub on Ivy Lane. Please check your voting card.
Looking to 2030, Gawsworth will have remained a safe, green and pleasant place to live with a strong sense of place and community. It will have a variety of well-designed, high-quality homes to suit the varying needs of our parish which shall continue to be a place that provides for residents with differing talents, skills and needs.
The community in Gawsworth will be inclusive and welcoming, offering a range of activities and opportunities for residents of all ages to engage with one another. Gawsworth will thrive as a community.
Whilst retaining its rural character, Gawsworth will embrace modern technologies. The village will remain a small peaceful rural village with good connections to surrounding countryside. Gawsworth Moss will continue to maintain a distinct identity from Macclesfield, but thriving from its connections. Rural Gawsworth will keep its character as beautiful Cheshire countryside based on farming.
Overall, Gawsworth will be a place where local people can live, work, play and enjoy a high quality of life.
- To ensure Gawsworth residents have access to high quality housing that suits their needs without losing our community or the traditional appearance of the rural area
- To ensure all Gawsworth residents have access to the countryside and green spaces via a wide network of well maintained footpaths, bridleways and cycle paths
- To ensure Gawsworth retains a strong sense of community and of place with a range of community facilities
- To identify opportunities to improve road safety for pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders and motorists
- To conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the parish and its environment and the integrity of the greenbelt
- To ensure Gawsworth residents will have access to high speed internet, mobile and telephone links