Gawsworth Village Hall
Gawsworth Village Hall is on Church Lane and opened in 1953. It is owned by the Parish Council but managed by a dedicated management committee. The Village Hall Management Committee comprises four trustees and representatives of a number of parish organisations and elected representatives of the community.The Village Hall is used by a number of community organisations including the Bridge Club, Parish Council and WI. In 2017 the Village Hall underwent a £50,000 refurbishment funded by a grant from WREN. View the refurbished hall on Google Maps.
The hall is available to hire for a range of activities from birthday parties to meetings. The numbers allowed in the hall depend on social distancing and size of household groups including those in a bubble. Current Government guidelines must be followed.
- The hall is approximately 18 x 5.3m, there is no staging and the ceiling is not high enough to accommodate a bouncy castle.
- There is a kitchen with hot water urn, kettles, tea pots, a good range of crockery and cutlery but there are no glasses.There is a domestic sized cooker, microwave and fridge.
- There are toilets including a disabled toilet. Disabled access is available.
- There are plenty of tables (6′ x 2’6” and 3′ x 3′) and chairs.
- No WiFi.
- There is a side room which can be used as a dressing room e.g. if you have an entertainer attending.
- Posters and banners cannot be hung on the walls.
You will need to allow setup time and some time for cleaning up. As the hall is run by volunteers, it must be left clean and ready for the next user, if necessary the floors must be mopped.
Viewings can be arranged on request.
Gawsworth Scout Hall
The Scout Hall is next door to the Village Hall on Church Lane and is the largest of the community halls.
Gawsworth Church Hall
St James Church Hall is available for hire when not needed for church events. It’s a nice small hall with a well equipped kitchen.
Hire the Hall
To hire the Church Hall contact Suzanne Moore on 01782 515 588.
Gawsworth Methodist Hall
Hire the Hall
To hire the Methodist Church hall contact Mrs M Parkin on 01625 420843.