Nancy’s Wood was bought by the Parish Council in 2013 to create a new area of public open space for the community. It is a 0.85 acre woodland with level paths on the north side of the Ben Brook, which cuts the woodland in half. On the southern side is a path which climbs as the land rises, looping back to Church Lane.
Maggoty Wood is a 2.4 acre natural woodland on Maggoty Lane. It was acquired by the National Trust in 1935 when the village was rapidly expanding. It is dominated by oak and beech trees with occasional larch, sycamore and common lime. Two areas have been fenced to protect the bluebells and ground flora. The wood includes the grave of Magotty Johnson.